Skip to content | Sunday, 23-Jul-2017 | Text Only View | Site Map | Text size: A A A

NottinghamSR Homesearch

Forms & Information

Allocations policies

Allocations Policy - Broxtowe

Allocations Policy - Gedling

Allocations Policy - Rushcliffe

Application forms

If you would like to apply for housing you need to complete and submit the form online from the Online Application page. You will still need to send to the council you wish to apply to the supporting documents such as proof of identity and address. If you are unable to complete an online application please contact us and we will make alternative arrangments.

Other documents

Scheme Guide

How to Bid Guide

What do you need to provide with your application?

We cannot assess your application without the relevant supporting documents. We will accept photocopies of original documents by post. Please do not send any original documents through the post. You can also bring original documents into your local council where a member of staff will take copies and hand the original documents back to you. Please contact us if you are unable to get to a council office to provide this information. We need to see documents to prove each of the following. We need to see proof of these points for both the main and joint applicants.

1. Your identity and eligibility for social housing

For example, passport, driving licence, birth certificate or immigration documents (if you are subject to immigration control).

2. The current address of each household member (i.e. that they live in the place you have told us)

Proof of address could include a recent utility bill (but not a mobile phone bill), bank statement, benefit award letter or other official document sent to you at that address. For children, this could be child benefit documents, solicitors’ letters or other proof of residency. We need this for every member of the household to be rehoused with you.

3. Your current housing situation

For example, if you rent your home, your tenancy agreement or rent book, showing the type of tenancy you have. If you own your home, a letter or statement from your mortgage lender.

4. Proof of local connection (only if you do not live in Broxtowe, Gedling or Rushcliffe)

See Section B for details. This could be a letter from your employer if you work in one of the three boroughs but do not live there, or proof that you have immediate family living there (who have lived there for at least five years), such as their Council Tax notice.

5. Evidence for the reasons you need to move

This should relate to whatever reason you have for looking for new accommodation, and will be different for each applicant. This could include proof of a medical condition or disability, notice to quit from your landlord, court papers, confirmation from your local authority of any hazard in your property, demolition notice or supporting information from the police or another agency who are working with you.

Please contact one of the council offices if you have any questions about what supporting information to provide.

Site powered by Abritas  |  Cookie policy
Click here to download the browsealoud software